BCIB pays workers and apprentices every two weeks. Wages are set by the Community Benefits Agreement and vary according to trade, job classification and level of experience. The full schedule of wages is included in the Community Benefits Agreement. You’ll find the wage tables on pages 109-174.
Employees receive benefits from their union. For information on benefits you will receive as an employee of BCIB, please visit the union website of your trade.
If you’ve already applied, give us a call at 1-888-567-2242 and we’ll be happy to update your information.
If you have specific questions about the Community Benefits Agreement (CBA) or working with BCIB as a contractor, please email us at email@example.com.
Workers do not need to be union members before or after working on a Project. While on site, all skilled trades workers employed by BCIB need to be members of a union included in the Allied Infrastructure and Related Construction Council (AIRCC).
If you are not a member of an AIRCC union and you are hired by BCIB, you are required to apply for membership with one of the affiliated unions within 30 calendar days of starting at a BCIB Project worksite. Workers do not need to be union members before or after working on a Project.
There are 19 unions that are members of the AIRCC:
- British Columbia Regional Council of Carpenters
- Construction Maintenance and Allied Workers Council
- International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Ironworkers Local Union 97
- International Association of Heat & Frost Insulators & Asbestos Workers local Union 118
- International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers Local Union 280, Local Union 276
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Shipbuilders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers Lodge 359
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local Union 213, Local Union 993, Local Union 1003, Local 230
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local Union 213
- International Union of Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers Local Union No. 2
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local Union 115
- International Union of Painters & Allied Trades District Council 38 Painters 138, Glaziers 1527, Drywall Finishers 2009
- Labourers International Union of North America Construction and Specialized Workers Union Local 1611
- Move Up – A Movement of United Professionals Local 378
- Operative Plasterers’ and Cement Masons’ International Association of the United States and Canada Local Union 919
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing & Pipefitting Industry of the United States and Canada Local Union 170, Local Union 516, Local 324
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America Floorlayers Local Union 1541
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America Millwrights, Machine Erectors & Maintenance 2736
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America Piledrivers Local Union 2404
- UNITE‐HERE Local 40