Social Media Statement and Collection Notice
BC Infrastructure Benefits Inc. (BCIB) uses social media to share news and engage citizens, public bodies, and private organizations in a conversation about growing and diversifying the skilled trades, among other related topics. The Twitter (@bcibinc), Facebook (@bcibinc), YouTube (BC Infrastructure Benefits Inc.), Instagram (@bcibinc), and LinkedIn (BC Infrastructure Benefits Inc.) accounts, collectively referred to as “the social media channels”, are managed by BCIB.
We encourage your comments and questions and look forward to an active exchange of ideas. Our goal is to make our channels a source of helpful facts and a space for respectful discourse. We do our best to answer questions, clarify confusion and point people to resources.
We believe people should feel respected and safe at work and on our social media channels. BCIB will not tolerate comments that are offensive to an individual, a group of people, or an organization. We hide third-party links that direct people to anything other than credible news or research sources. Similarly, we remove comments that contain claims that cannot be easily verified by trustworthy sources.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, do not include personal information such as phone numbers or email addresses (to name only a few) in the body of your comment.
BCIB reserves the right to edit our posts for clarification or remove comments that abuse the following conditions:
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or threatening;
- contain abusive, obscene, indecent or offensive language (this includes emojis);
- include defamatory, abusive, harassing or hateful remarks;
- make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organizations;
- make unproven, unsupported or factually inaccurate claims (e.g., conspiracy theories);
- constitute spam, promote services or products;
- constitute spam through repetition (the same comment posted more than two times in a post);
- invade anyone’s privacy or include identifying or personal information about someone other than yourself;
- impersonate or plagiarize (i.e., comments where the sender is not the author);
- are far off-topic or deviate from the flow of polite debate and discussion;
- are posted without the necessary rights, licences and/or consents;
- encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world;
- contain excessive links or contain code;
- contain links to partisan website(s);
- identify any publicly-elected representative or candidate regardless of their political affiliation, whether those comments are supportive or critical; and
- are contrary to BCIB’s Social Media Guidelines and Collection Notice.
Anyone who breaches our Social Media Statement and Collection Notice repeatedly may be blocked at BCIB’s sole discretion. Please note that while we try to respond to comments, we are not able to reply to or moderate every inquiry. As such, people should not take comments posted on our site as true or supported by BCIB.
Following/Followers and Sharing
Our decision to follow a particular Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn user does not imply an endorsement of any kind.
We share news, links, and content we think are relevant to our work and of interest to our followers. Sharing of content does not imply endorsement by BCIB.
The personal information you post to BCIB’s social media channels may be collected by BCIB under s. 26(c) and 26(e) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) for the purposes of engaging and consulting with the public. Please be aware that any information posted or shared by you to social media channels may be stored and/or accessed outside of Canada on servers not belonging to BCIB. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, do not include any sensitive personal information including phone numbers and email addresses in the body of your comment or via direct/private messages across BCIB’s social media channels. Additionally, do not share personal information about others, including pictures.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about BCIB’s use of social media please contact us at:
Telephone: (778) 783 – 1200
Mail: BCIB, Suite 1050 – 89 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8